Olivier Védrine is a professor, journalist and former European Commission lecturer in the Team Europe expert network (2007-2014).
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Russian Democratic Club in France.
He regularly appears on LCI, BFMTV, Franceinfo TV and foreign television channels, and writes for the Tribune de Genève.
Co-author of the book Goodbye Poutine
He was awarded the Academic Palms in 2022.
He was the editor-in-chief of the Russian edition of the "Revue Défense Nationale" (2010-2014) in Paris at the École Militaire, he stopped the Russian edition of the "Revue Défense Nationale" at the beginning of 2014 to protest against the annexation of Crimea. Political advisor on Ukraine for Henri Malosse the President of the European Economic and Social Committee (2013-2015) in Brussels. As a TV presenter, he has presented more than 150 TV programmes on national TV channels in Ukraine of his own political TV show in support of Ukraine and the European Union. A member of the Russian opposition, he is editor-in-chief of Russian Monitor, a Russian opposition internet newspaper, 500,000 unique visitors per month. He was awarded the title of Professor Honoris Causa by the International University of Kiev. Olivier Védrine received the Order of Saint Vladimir from the hands of Patriarch Philaret, Patriarchate of Kiev, an order rarely awarded to a foreigner.
He is or has been a speaker at various universities and institutions in France, Ukraine, Russia, Germany, Poland, Canada, Taiwan, Italy, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Estonia, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Romania, the Netherlands, Georgia and Portugal.
Some of his contributions:
- Crises and regulations - Singularity and inadequacy of institutions - Olivier Cuissard and Olivier Védrine, European University Publishing, July 2021
- The Cahiers de la Revue Défense Nationale - The Arctic as a strategic theatre - Edited by Olivier Védrine, October 2011
- Ideas for a United EuropeEssays by Olivier Védrine (English Edition), Publisher Libertas, Year 2010, ISBN 9783946119173
- Navalny's struggle: 'Time will come for a change in Russia' - Olivier Védrine - VOXEUROP - 23 January 2021 https://voxeurop.eu/en/navalnys-struggle-time-will-come-for-a-change-in-russia/
- The future of Europe is at stake now - Olivier Védrine - Tribune de Genève (Suisse) - 19.05.2020 https://www.tdg.ch/lavenir-de-leurope-se-joue-maintenant-540310765528
- What conference on the "future of Europe"? - Olivier Védrine - openDemocracy - 11 May 2020 https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/can-europe-make-it/what-conference-on-the-future-of-europe/
- Russia is regressing: thank you Putin! - Olivier Védrine - Le Devoir (Canada) - 5 July 2019 https://www.tdg.ch/lavenir-de-leurope-se-joue-maintenant-540310765528
- Зеленский может стать лекарством от " украинской усталости " - Оливье Ведрин - " НОВЫЕ ИЗВЕСТИЯ " - 15 апреля 2019 - https://newizv.ru/news/politics/15-04-2019/olivie-vedrin-zelenskiy-mozhet-stat-lekarstvom-ot-ukrainskoy-ustalosti?fbclid=IwAR0ZlMiLVs-4Vbe1mgH9Uq3p1Wxd01VubIr6VOt-8CN-PP2icvRaGjvDVS0
- How best to target Putin - Olivier Védrine - The New European (UK) - October 3, 2018 https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/prominent-critic-putin-olivier-vedrine-target-russian-president-32556